When purchasing food for dogs, some owners do not care to pay much attention to the ingredients label. If you read pet food reviews, you will surely find some tips about buying quality pet food which includes checking out the ingredients label before making a purchase.
You should not buy foods based on what that is the cheapest. Generally, the cheapest meal is that is the least healthy. That picture on the bag can be very deceiving. Don’t trust it. Unless the dog food is organic, it is not going to be high quality. We suggest Arden Grange, Arden Grange Dog Food.
How to select the appropriate food for your dog –
- Choose the food based on your dog activity and breed: Working dogs will require more protein than other dogs. Some dogs naturally have a slower metabolism than others do, which mean they will need to be fed less. If you feed a dog a high protein diet that does not need high protein, you will end up with a fat dog.
- Check out the ingredients on the bag: While the ingredient list is long, the most important ingredients are listed first. The first three ingredients are what you want to look at. This is what is the dog food is primarily made of. You do not want to see any by-product. In fact, you do not want to see any animal by-product listed anywhere on this list. The first ingredient should be a meat product. You do not want to see rice or corn listed as the first ingredient as this is filler. Meat should be the first ingredient. It’ll be best if you select Arden Grange Dog Food.
What you don’t want in the dog food:
- Animal by-products — When checking out a pet food company, make sure they do not use animal by-products. Animal by-products are the biodegradable waste parts of animals, which are not intended for human consumption.
- Herbicides — Make sure that all the grains contain no herbicides. You do not need your pets eating grains that are covered in herbicides or pesticides.
- Preservatives — That should be fresh. Get that fresh and feed it to your dog fresh.
- Hormones — Your dog has enough hormones as it is. Why would you need to give your dog more through its meals? Keep the hormones out of the meal by giving your dog fresh and organic hormone free.
It is very important that you do this especially if your dog is experiencing diarrhea, chronic ear infections or allergies. If your dog consumes brand of food which contain artificial flavors, by-products or preservatives, their diet may be high deficient is important vitamins and nutrients that are helpful in maintaining good health. Arden Grange is a family run independent company that prides itself on ensuring top quality natural food for your dogs, all of which is hypoallergenic, free of any added sugar or salt, and contains no genetically modified ingredients at all.